Curator and Director Collections & ResearchTeam
Veerle Vanden Daelen
- Veerle Vanden Daelen holds a PhD from the University of Antwerp. Her doctoral research focused on the return of Jews and the reconstruction of their life in Antwerp after the Second World War (1944-1960).
- She held fellowships at the University of Michigan (Frankel Institute for Advanced Judaic Studies, 2007-2008 Fellowship “Jews and the City”) and at the University of Pennsylvania (Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies, 2008-2009 Fellowship “Jews, Commerce and Culture”).
- She is the coordinator of the “Data Identification and Integration” work package for the European Holocaust Research Infrastructure (project EHRI).
- She is affiliated with the University of Antwerp, where she has taught “Migration History”, “Jewish History” and other classes, and where, together with Karin Hofmeester, she organises the annual “Contact Day Jewish Studies on the Low Countries” at the Institute of Jewish Studies.
- Veerle is also a member of the Belgian delegation to the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA).